Step 1: Decide where you would like to volunteer and in what role
Step 2: Register as a Volunteer (directions below)
Step 3: Register for Training classes (directions below)
(Some roles do not require that you attend a training class.)
How to Register as a Volunteer
- Select your volunteer role.
- Review the training requirements for your role. Click the registration link for your role.
- Under “Event Name”, select your preferred role and site.
- If your site has multiple shifts per week, you will select your shift here.
- Click “Click Here to Register” at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your email and first name and click “Check for Account”. If you have an account sign in and skip steps 7 & 8.
- If you do not have a volunteer profile from a prior year, you will be asked to create a volunteer profile by filling in the form and then clicking “Add volunteer information to profile”.
- Click “Register/Unregister for an Event”.
- You will be asked to make one selection that includes both your site and your role in the name of the event. You can find your site or role by clicking “Filter Events by Interest” and selecting either your role or your site. Click “Register for selected event” once you find your site and role. (The date listed is the first date the site is open to the public but the site will open at that time weekly.)
- If the site you select is open more than once a week, you will be asked to select a shift. Then click “Complete Registration”.
- You will receive a confirmation email with the information about your registration. This email will include a link to training registration under the “Additional Information” heading. If this is your first time registering for the 2013-2014 tax season, you will also receive an email with a temporary password.
- If you are ready to register for your required training classes, follow the directions for How to Register for Training
- Remember to log out by clicking the “Log Out” button at the top of the page.
How to Register for Training Classes
- Prepare for registering for training classes by determining which classes you need to register for at: https://communitytaxaiddc.org/volunteers/volunteer-registration-training/
- Once you know which training classes are required for your role, follow the link you received in your volunteer registration confirmation
- Select your class choice. Review the location of the class, then click “Click Here to Register”.
- You will be prompted to sign in. First, enter your email address and first name and click “Check for Account”.
- Enter your password. (If you are a newly registered volunteer, check your email for an email with your temporary password. You will be prompted to create a new password.)
- Your registration for your training class is complete when you sign in.
- If you need to register for another training class, click on “Filter Events by Interest” and select “Training” or the specific training class you are interested in from the drop down menu. Click the “Filter Events” button to view the training events in that category.
- Select any additional training classes for which you would like to register and click “Register for selected events”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to see all of the events for which you are registered. (If you and another family member are using the same email address, you will see the events for everyone using that email address.)
- To log out, click the “Logout” button at the top of the page.