Donate to CTA

Obtaining Tax Transcripts

For information on types of transcripts see: How to Get Tax Transcripts and Copies of Tax Returns from the IRS | Internal Revenue Service

You can request a transcript of your tax return online, but if you need copies of your w2s and 1099s (wages and income), you will need to send in Form 4506-T.

Hints for filling out From 4506-T

  • If you are requesting a copy of your tax return, enter “1040” for line 6, transcript requested
  • Check box 8 to get information on the income reported to the IRS
  • For 9, enter 12/31 and the year. So for tax year 2019, enter 12/31/2019
  • The request will not be processed if  you don’t check the box above the signature block that starts “Signatory attests…”